Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15

Protest: pt1

_MG_3608


_MG_3610


_MG_3631


_MG_3641

As some of you may know April 15 is tax day.
You may also know our economy is not in the greatest shape due to the influence of our government.

So, all around the country people were conducting "tea parties" as a form of protest.
Well they had one right here in Chattanooga so I went. It being a momentous moment and all.
It was very peaceable, and I though it was a great thing. It was interesting seeing people from all different parties come together and protest the government.

There were people who spoke, but I've no idea who they were and I couldn't find their names anywhere. Oh well.

I did have an interesting thought though.
Why do we say the pledge of allegiance, and cross our hearts during the Star Spangled Banner?
I don't know it just seemed a bit sacrilegious.
As Christians is not our loyalty to God, and not a piece of dirt or scrap of cloth?
Don't get me wrong, I think living in the freedom of America is wonderful.
I just think it's strange to that we do these cultural things that have no biblical reason.

Hmm, I may come back and rewrite or add to this.




0 people have spoken: