Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Project 365; 351

Stop saying that!

Stop saying that

I was going to comment to NP under the last post, but decided it would make a better post. Plus it's really long.

So, out of all the new cameras made this year,
I don't really like any of them.

I'm also not really sure why Canon (among other manufacturers) decide to upgrade, other than to compete with Nikon and other companies. At some point pro's were using just 10 to 12mp. What's the real difference?

Yeah, on a 1-1 ratio zoomed in to 1000% there's a difference, but do we need it?

I mean the upgrades are pretty great, but I really, really hate the fact the DSLR's are shooting video now.
If I want to shoot video I'll buy a video camera.
And on the other hand, would you buy a video camera to shoot still's?
I don't think so.

Well on the up side there are a lot of people selling their used cameras right now.

Also I was thinking why do they (meaning Canon mainly) have mid range cameras? I use a 350d (which has a cropped censor), and I want to move up to better camera in a few years. But why go with a 50d or 40d (which also has a cropped censor, but they're bigger and have more mp's than the 350d) when the 5d is a little more money and has a full frame censor.

I don't know. I guess the world is always looking for something bigger, better , faster, and stronger.

Ha that last bit reminds me of a song.

Oh np also asked what I'd want in a upgraded camera. I really want the 5d.
Its perfect. (as far as I can tell)

I mean its not like you can say you want Nikon's censor chip any more. ;)
But I wouldn't mind their ergonomics.

So what does every one else want in an upgrade?

1 people have spoken:

Nick Peckover said...

I'm really happy with the performance of my camera. I would like a better body construction with awesome-er (its a word. trust me) weather sealing. I'd also like a faster burst rate. Like, 5 or 6 frames per second. 3 is pretty sluggish. My dream camera is the D3, but a realistic upgrade for me would be D200, D300 or D2x. $900 for D200, $1400 for a D300, $1000 for D2x (used)